The Chippewa County Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC), a private corporation with offices located in Kincheloe, Michigan, seeks a dynamic and highly motivated Executive Director.
As CCEDC’s Executive Director, you are a community leader bringing vision to and collaborating with public officials, private enterprise and community representatives. You possess thorough knowledge of community and economic development planning and aptly, are a strategic leader who can motivate public and private sectors on challenges facing this region. You will also be responsible for building and nurturing new revenue channels through new partnerships.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
- Expand Chippewa County’s economy through recruitment of new businesses, retention, and collaborating with existing community businesses.
- Proactively pursue potential businesses through emails, phone calls and face-to-face meetings.
- Identify needs; prepare and evaluate programs to meet those needs through business expansion and retention, business and industry attraction/recruitment, and workforce development.
- Network with local, state, regional, and national organizations to identify and coordinate economic development opportunities.
- Establish and maintain cooperative/effective working relationships within the business community, advisory groups, governmental agencies, and citizens.
- Negotiate/renegotiate deals, when needed; successfully close deals w/business partners.
- Present to community groups, public officials, and private enterprise, as needed.
- Oversee/manage: Chippewa County Air/Industrial Park complex and International Airport, railroad spur, winter test program, and an existing skilled staff.
- Collaborate w/Board to prepare strategic plan, annual budget, financial records, maintain accountability.
- Communicate regularly with the CCEDC Board of Trustees and other stakeholders.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $60,000 – $90,000 annually, based on the knowledge and experience you bring, in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE IDEAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, economic/community development, finance, or 10 years in a leadership position w/a proven record of success in economic development or directly related field.
- International business development experience, a bonus.
- Experience with finance, budgeting, negotiation and long-term management planning.
- Proven ability to open doors, network, and forge relationships.
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills with a record of sound business logic.
- Willingness and ability to travel (10% – 20%).
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Chippewa County, or the surrounding area, in the Eastern Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
ABOUT CCEDC. It is possible to have it all — a rewarding career set in the breathtaking Eastern Upper Peninsula amongst unlimited recreational activities with vast forests, clean air, and sparkling lakes and rivers. Nearby Sault Ste. Marie is rich in history, offers entertainment, sports and cultural activities in addition to being home to Lake Superior State University. The County has a population of 38,000 and is located at the northern end of I-75, five hours by car and one hour by air from Detroit and just across the river from Sault Ontario. Learn more at chippewacountyedc.com/business-support/about-the-edc/